February 6, 2020 Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Marijan Adam, Adam Kujawski, Chris Cameron, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart, Brian Riley, Phil Maag
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved with changes
Governance – n/a
Associate & Senior Member Applications – None at this time
Content Sourcing – Google has gone dark for now but Brent is still keeping in touch. Still talking to other possible new members
Marketing Committee – The Board of Directors has been added to the FAQ section of the website. Asking everyone to review the information. The website has been updated with new members. We need to start planning the annual meeting.
- WeConnect is up and peering
- Fairlawn Gig – we haven’t had any communication with them
- The traffic on the IX is peeking around 5Gig, Brent will send out a screenshot of the traffic chart
- IXP Manager – we will be able to provide graphs and other information on the website but it isn’t ready yet.
- The infrastructure has been refreshed and we have plenty of capacity
- We need additional resources from ARIN so we can have our own content. We discussed and moved to allow Marijan to purchase additional IP’s when ready.
- VLAN is up and running
- Adam is checking on switches and pricing with our licensing. Adam will send information needed for Endpoint to Doug, Kim and Nancy
Old / New Business
- Further discussion of filling the Vice Chairman Position – We continued discussions and there was a move to have Brent Beatty fill the Vice Chairman position until the Annual meeting. The move was seconded and passed.
- Chris Cameron was appointed to chair the Marketing Committee. Nancy and Brent will meet with Chris to discuss goals and needs of the committee
- Annual Meeting – It was suggested that we have it at Top Golf again. We would invite members as well as interested parties in joining the IX. Proposed dates were April 9th or 16th. Chris Cameron was going to check with Top Golf on availability. The official notice has to be sent 30 days prior to the meeting.
- We discussed the Welcome Package. Adam will send some additional information to Kim and Kim is going to send out what we are currently using to everyone on the board.
Next meeting – March 5th at Accent Communications. (This has since been moved to Cologix at 555 Scherers Ct for this month.)
Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier